Privacy & Policy
It is Mediavak LLC’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our website.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- This policy applies where Social Animal acts as a data controller with respect to the personal data of the website visitors and service users; in other words, Social Animal determines the purposes and means of the processing of that personal data.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use personal information solely for fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other ancillary purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by using reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We incorporate privacy controls which affect how Social Animal will process your personal data. By using these privacy controls, you can specify whether you would like to receive direct marketing communications and limit the publication of your information. You can access the privacy controls here.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- We will only retain personal information for as long as necessary for the fulfilment of those purposes.
How we use your Personal Data
In this Section we have set out:
1. The general categories of personal data that we may process;
2. in the case of personal data that we did not obtain directly from you, the source and specific categories of that data;
3. the purposes for which we may process personal data; and
4. the legal bases of the processing.
- We may process data about your use of Social Animal’s website and services (“usage data”). The usage data may include your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths, as well as information about the timing, frequency and pattern of your service use. The source of the usage data is our analytics tracking system. This usage data may be processed for the purposes of analysing the use of the website and services. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely monitoring and improving our website and services.
- We may process your account data (“account data”). The account data may include your name and email address. The source of the account data is you or your employer. The account data may be processed for the purposes of operating Social Animal’s website, providing our services, ensuring the security of our website and services, maintaining back-ups of our databases and communicating with you. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely the proper administration of our website and business.
- We may process your information included in your personal profile on our website (“profile data”). The profile data may include your name, address, telephone number, email address, profile pictures, gender, date of birth, relationship status, interests and hobbies, educational details and employment details.The profile data may be processed for the purposes of enabling and monitoring your use of our website and services. The legal basis for this processing is consent and our legitimate interests, namely the proper administration of our website and business. As an End User you can log in to our site using sign-in services such as Facebook. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal information with us such as your name and email address. Services like Facebook give you the option to control how information about your activities on this Site are shared with others within your network.
- We may process your personal data that are provided in the course of the use of our services (“service data”). The source of the service data is you or your employer.The service data may be processed for the purposes of operating our website, providing our services, ensuring the security of our website and services, maintaining back-ups of our databases and communicating with you. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely the proper administration of our website and business.
- We may process information that you post for publication on our website or through our services (“publication data”). The publication data may be processed for the purposes of enabling such publication and administering our website and services. The legal basis for this processing is consent and our legitimate interests, namely the proper administration of our website and business.
- We may process information contained in any enquiry you submit to us regarding goods and/or services (“enquiry data”). The enquiry data may be processed for the purposes of offering, marketing and selling relevant goods and/or services to you. The legal basis for this processing is consent.
- We may process information relating to our customer relationships, including customer contact information (“customer relationship data”). The customer relationship data may include your name, your employer, your job title or role, your contact details, and information contained in communications between us and you or your employer. The source of the customer relationship data is you or your employer. The customer relationship data may be processed for the purposes of managing our relationships with customers, communicating with customers, keeping records of those communications and promoting our products and services to customers. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely the proper management of our customer relationships.
- We may process information relating to transactions, including purchases of goods and services, that you enter into with us and/or through our website (“transaction data”). The transaction data may include your contact details, your card details and the transaction details.The transaction data may be processed for the purpose of supplying the purchased goods and services and keeping proper records of those transactions. The legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract and our legitimate interests, namely the proper administration of our website and business.
- We may process information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters (“notification data”). The notification data may be processed for the purposes of sending you the relevant notifications and/or newsletters. The legal basis for this processing is consent.
- We may process information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us (“correspondence data”). The correspondence data may include the communication content and metadata associated with the communication. Our website will generate the metadata associated with communications made using the website contact forms. The correspondence data may be processed for the purposes of communicating with you and record-keeping. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely the proper administration of our website and business and communications with users.
- We may process any of your personal data identified in this policy where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely the protection and assertion of our legal rights, your legal rights and the legal rights of others.
- We may process any of your personal data identified in this policy where necessary for the purposes of obtaining or maintaining insurance coverage, managing risks, or obtaining professional advice. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely the proper protection of our business against risks.
- In addition to the specific purposes for which we may process your personal data set out in this Section, we may also process any of your personal data where such processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
- Please do not supply any other person’s personal data to us, unless we prompt you to do so.
How we control your Personal Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may request for your personal data to be deleted from our website at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You must provide sufficient proof of identity to confirm that you are the person whose data is being requested to be deleted.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to email@example.com.
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Social Animal takes no responsibility for the content or privacy practices of any of the third-party services.
Social Animal collects YouTube analytics and reporting data, including the number of views for a video, likes and dislikes. This data is used to provide the user with the ability to search for YouTube videos related to specific topics and display the number of views, likes/dislikes/comments counted as total engagements. Social Animal may use this data to display popular trending videos on the Social Animal app.
Social Animal collects analytics and data, including the number of shares, likes, comments and reactions of Facebook posts belonging to publically available Facebook pages. This data is used to provide the user with the ability to search for specific pages and display the number of engagements on a page or a post.
Social Animal collects analytics and data, including the number of tweets, re-tweets, likes and comments of Twitter posts belonging to publically available Twitter profiles. This data is used to provide the user with the ability to search for specific profiles on Twitter and display the number of engagements on a profile or a post.
The data does not leave the user’s device. The data will not be transferred to others. The data will not be used for serving advertisements.
What kind of Cookies does Social Animal use?
Essential cookies are “first-party cookies”, and can be either permanent or temporary. These are necessary cookies, without which the Site won’t work properly or be able to provide certain features and functionalities. Some of these may be manually disabled in your browser, but may affect the functionality of the Site.
Analytics cookies monitor how users reached the Site, and how they interact with and move around once on the Site. These cookies let us know what features on the Site are working the best and what features on the Site can be improved.
Site Management Cookies
Site management cookies are used to maintain your identity or session on the Site so that you are not logged off unexpectedly, and any information you enter is retained from page to page. These cookies cannot be turned off individually, but you can disable all cookies in your browser.
Advertising cookies are placed on your computer by advertisers and ad servers (i.e. websites that we do not own or operate) in order to display advertisements that are most likely to be of interest to you. These cookies allow advertisers and ad servers to gather information about your visits to the Site and other websites, alternate the ads sent to a specific computer, and track how often an ad has been viewed and by whom. These cookies are linked to a computer and do not gather any personal information about you.
Cookies in your email
Emails from Social Animal may contain cookies that track whether you open our emails and whether you click any links within them. The cookies used in these emails are not stored on your computer or mobile device and are unique to each email.
Control of Cookies
Most browsers are set to accept cookies by default. However, you can remove or reject cookies in your browser’s settings. Please be aware that such action could affect the availability and functionality of the Site.
For more information on how to control cookies, check your browser or device’s settings for how you can control or reject cookies.